Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Maple Balsamic Marinaded Pork Chops

I love pork chops because they are a pretty lean meat and I really have to screw it up for Jon not to like.  I wanted to do something different because typically I have not planned ahead and so I have to just marinade in Goya's Mojo Criollo & Salsa Lizano.  Which makes an awesome Costa Rican style pork chop but I wanted something different and these were a hit!  I am already looking forward to having these again next week.
Ingredients:
(Marinade for 1lb of meat)
  • 1 1/2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • zest of 1/2 orange
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 tbsp rough chopped fresh rosemary (or dried rosemary)
Directions:
  1. Whisk together all ingredients and pour over pork chops in a gallon ziplock bag. Refrigerate 6-8 hours or overnight.
  2.  Cook in 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat about 5-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from skillet and serve!  I will often cook the chops with onions and green peppers on top - optional*

No comments:

Post a Comment