Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chocolate Protein Balls

Wow!  I cannot believe how awesome and how easy these were to make.  I will definitely be playing with this recipe and adding mini chocolate chips, coconut, peanut butter, etc. in the future!  Enjoy as a pre or post workout snack (or just a snack in general!).  Jon seemed to be pretty impressed with these as well.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup raw, unsalted almonds
  • 3 large dates
  • 2 tablespoon rolled oats
  • 1 scoop whey chocolate protein powder 
  • 1 tablespoon soy or skim milk
Directions:
  1. Blend almonds into a food processor/blender (I use the Magic Bullet short cup) and process until you reach the consistency of a medium-grain meal.
  2. Add dates, and process until fully combined.
  3. Add oats and protein powder, and process until fully combined.
  4. Transfer dough to a small bowl, and add in milk. It will be a little crumbly at first, but work it with your hands until everything sticks together.
  5. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into balls.
  6. Store any unused balls in a tightly closed container in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment