Friday, September 23, 2011

Low Fat Peanut Butter Brownies

I think it's clear that I have a strong (and healthy!) relationship with chocolate and peanut butter... But this is my favorite thing to do: turn something I LOVE and ADORE until a non-guilty treat!  Now that doesn't mean we should eat the whole pan but feel free to indulge in one or two tonight :)

Ingredients:
  • 4 tablespoons smart balance light butter 
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup cold water
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup organic all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter  (or for lower fat I like to use "Better 'n Peanut Butter")
  • 4-5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • nonstick cooking spray
  • 1 tsp powdered sugar (optional)
Directions:
  1. Melt butter in microwave and then mix in sugar in a medium bowl.  
  2. Stir in vanilla, peanut butter and water.
  3. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Mix well (batter will be thick!) and stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Spray the bottom of an 8x8 pan with nonstick spray coating. Pour batter into pan.
  5. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool thoroughly. Remove from pan. Cut into bars and sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment