Friday, August 26, 2011

Whole Wheat Garlic Breadsticks

I just made these little guys for the first time and quickly fell in love with them.  In the future, I will be playing with this recipe and stuffing my breadsticks with pepperoni and mozzarella for Jon and sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese for me!

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup - whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup - all purpose flour (and a little more for rolling)
  • 1/2 tsp - kosher salt
  • 2/3 cup - fat free milk
  • 4-5 tblsp - melted smart balance light heart healthy spread
  • Parmesan Grated Cheese Light 
  • optional - garlic and herb spices
Directions:

  1. Preheat over to 425 degrees
  2. Stir dry ingredients (including some garlic and herb if desired) and slowly add milk
  3. Knead the dough 5 times in the bowl and then place the dough on a floured counter and roll out into a rectangle depending on how thick you want your breadsticks. (CAUTION: this is where I make the biggest mess so don't get discouraged if your dough is sticky and all over the place, I just keep adding more flour until I can handle the dough.)
  4. Add melted butter to a 9x13 pan and stir in garlic & herbs if desired. 
  5. Cut dough into strips and put the strips in the buttered pan.  Turn strips over to coat and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
  6. Bake for 18-20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment